NYS Income and Resource Standards 2020 Levels:
|Household Size||Income Level||Resources|
|One|| $ 10,500 yearly
$ 875 monthly
|Two|| $ 15,408 yearly
$ 1,284 monthly
|Three|| $ 17,712 yearly
$ 1,476 monthly
|Four|| $ 20,028 yearly
$ 1,669 monthly
- The SSI resource level is $2,000 for individuals and $3,000 for couples.
- The State supplement is $87 for an individual and $104 for a couple living alone.
- The Maximum federal Community Spouse Resource Allowance is $128,640.
- The Minimum State Community Spouse Resource Allowance is $74,820.
- The community spouse Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA) is $3,216.00.
- The home equity limit for both Medicaid coverage of nursing facility and community-based long term is $893,000
Monthly Regional Nursing Home Rates
New York State Department of Health issues these rates, to determine penalty periods for institutional individuals who apply for Medicaid on or after January 1, 2020.
|New York City||$ 12,844||All 5 Boroughs|
|Long Island||$ 13,407||Nassau & Suffolk|
|Northern Metropolitan||$ 12,805||Duchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester|
|Northeastern||$ 11,295||Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, Washington|
|Central||$ 10,451||Broome, Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, St. Lawrence, Tioga, Tompkins|
|Rochester||$ 12,460||Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Yates|
|Western||$ 10,720||Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming|
For more information and personal assistance in New York City, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk counties, contact us today to arrange for your FREE consultation and discuss how you or your loved ones can become Medicaid eligible.