NYS Income and Resource Standards 2017 Levels:
Household Size: Income Level Resources
One: ($9,900 yearly) ($825 monthly plus $20 disregard) $ 14,850
Two: ($14,508 yearly) ($1,209 monthly) $ 21,750
Three: ($16,680 yearly) ($1,390 monthly) $ 25,013
Four: ($18,852 yearly) ($1,571 monthly) $ 28,275
- The SSI resource level is $2,000 for individuals and $3,000 for couples.
- The State supplement is $87 for an individual and $104 for a couple living alone.
- The Maximum federal Community Spouse Resource Allowance is $120,900.
- The Minimum State Community Spouse Resource Allowance is $74,820.
- The community spouse Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA) is $3,022.50.
- The home equity limit for both Medicaid coverage of nursing facility and community-based long term is $840,000
Monthly Regional Nursing Home Rates
- NEW YORK CITY $ 12,157 (All boroughs)
- LONG ISLAND $ 12,811 (Nassau, Suffolk)
- NORTHEASTERN $ 10,242 (Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, Washington)
- NORTHERN METROPOLITAN $ 12,198 (Duchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester)
- WESTERN $ 10,078 (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming)
- ROCHESTER $ 11,237 (Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Yates)
- CENTRAL $ 9,511 (Broome, Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, St. Lawrence, Tioga, Tompkins)